- vi. 蹦蹦跳跳；奔跑，惊惶奔跑
- n. 蹦跳；奔跑
1. s- (ex- => es- => s-) + camp- (field, campus) + -er.
2. literally "leave the field" => run quickly, run away.
可能来自古诺斯法语 escamper,逃跑，来自通俗拉丁语*excampare,逃离战场，来自 ex-,向外， camp,战场。后原词义逐渐消失，用于形容小孩蹦蹦跳跳等。
- scamper (v.)
- "to run quickly," 1680s, probably from Flemish schampeeren, frequentative of schampen "run away," from Old North French escamper (Old French eschamper) "to run away, flee, quit the battlefield, escape," from Vulgar Latin *excampare "decamp," literally "leave the field," from Latin ex campo, from ex "out of" (see ex-) + campo, ablative of campus "field" (see campus). A vogue word late 17c. Related: Scampered; scampering. The noun is 1680s, from the verb.
- 1. Let the dog for a scamper.
- 2. Bundles of candles were procured, and straightway there was a general scamper up the hill.
- 一捆捆蜡烛拿了出来, 大家立即欢快地开始爬山.
来自英汉文学 - 汤姆历险
- 3. " And, discerning the scarlet letter on her breast, would scamper off with a strange, contagious fear. "
- 待 到看清她胸前的红字, 便怀着一种害怕受到传染的奇异的恐惧, 迅速逃开了.
来自英汉 - 翻译样例 - 文学
- 4. She loves to scamper through the woods of the forest.
- 5. Scamper: Do not yell me! Igor: Please pull switch.
- 斯坎普: 不要冲我吼! 伊戈尔: 拜托请拉闸.
[ scamper 造句 ]