zodiac constellation, late Old English, from Latin leo "lion" (see lion). Meaning "person born under the sign of Leo" is from 1894. Leonid "meteor which appears to radiate from Leo" is from 1868. The annual shower peaks Nov. 14.
1. Leo went on, his dark eyes wide with pity and concern.
2. The little boy stepped forward timidly and shook Leo's hand.
3. I don't believe he would tell Leo such a thing.
4. Leo is a materialist, living for life's little luxuries.
5. "Mum thinks I should stop imposing on your hospitality, Leo," said Grace.