CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
de-, 向下，离开。-leg, 法律，送出，词源同legal, legate. 即依法授权，委托。
- delegate: see legal
- delegate (n.)
- late 15c., from Old French delegat or directly from Latin delegatus, past participle of delegare "to send as a representative," from de- "from, away" (see de-) + legare "send with a commission" (see legate).
- delegate (v.)
- 1520s (early 15c. as a past participle adjective), from delegate (n.). Related: Delegated; delegating.
- 1. Horton's Achilles heel was that he could not delegate.
- 2. The delegate moved for a reconsideration of the suggestion.
- 3. The Chinese people delegate their power to the People's Congress.
- 4. They drafted her to serve as their delegate.
- 5. A delegate from Siberia proposed a resolution that he stand down as party chairman.
[ delegate 造句 ]