CET4 TEM4 考 研 TOEFL CET6
- discourage (v.)
- mid-15c., discoragen, from Middle French descourager, from Old French descoragier, from des- "away" (see dis-) + corage (see courage). Related: Discouraged; discouragement; discouraging.
- 1. The Swiss wanted to discourage an inflow of foreign money.
- 2. Many parents find it hard to discourage bad behaviour.
- 3. His parents tried to discourage his interest in music, but he persisted.
- 4. a campaign to discourage smoking among teenagers
- 5. Although she did not reciprocate his feelings, she did not discourage him.
- 尽管她没有回应他的感情, 她也没有使他丧失信心.
[ discourage 造句 ]