disco, 磁盘，录音带。-theque, 来自bibliotheca, 图书馆，词源同do, theme. 其字面意思即为音乐图书馆，用于指唱歌娱乐场所。
- discotheque (n.)
- 1954 as a French word in English; nativized by 1965, from French discothèque "nightclub with recorded music for dancing," also "record library," borrowed 1932 from Italian discoteca "record collection, record library," coined 1927 from disco "phonograph record" + -teca "collection," probably on model of biblioteca "library."
- 1. One evening, she made a rare outing to the local discotheque.
- 2. Mary wore handsome go - go boots to the discotheque last night.
- 3. I've booked the discotheque for the party.
- 4. Most teachers hold that students will come to no great harm if they go to a discotheque now and then.
- 5. Sam and his crowd went into the discotheque.
[ discotheque 造句 ]