- n. 不和；不调和；嘈杂声
- vi. 不一致；刺耳
- n. (Discord)人名；(法)迪斯科尔
CET6+ TEM4 IELTS GRE
1、dis- "apart" + cord-.
2、含义：disagreement; unfriendly feeling, ill will; dissention, strife.
dis-, 不，非，使相反。-cord, 心，一致，词源同heart, cordial. 即不同心的，引起纷争的。
- discord: see concord
- discord (n.)
- early 13c., descorde, "unfriendly feeling, ill will;" also "dissention, strife," from Old French descorde (12c.) "disagreement," from Latin discordia, from discors (genitive discordis) "disagreeing, disagreement," from dis- "apart" (see dis-) + cor (genitive cordis) "heart," from PIE root *kerd- "heart" (see heart). Musical sense is late 14c.
- discord (v.)
- c. 1300, from Old French discorder (13c.), from Latin discordare (see discord (n.)).
- 1. After they had parted in discord, he stood alone outside his gate.
- 大伙不欢而散以后, 他一个人孤零零地站在门外.
- 2. A note of discord crept into their relationship.
- 3. These two answers are in discord.
- 4. The discord of his music was hard on the ear.
- 5. He was cursed for sowing seeds of discord among his friends.
[ discord 造句 ]