also filmmaker, 1859 as a solution used in developing photographs, later "a producer of film for cameras" (by 1889), from film (n.) + maker. As "producer of a cinematographic work, movie-maker," from 1905.
1. The criticisms will not stop people flocking to see the film.
2. Originally released in 1957, the film was remade as "The Magnificent Seven".
3. The film starts off realistically and then develops into a ridiculous fantasy.
4. She was in rather a bad film about the Mau Mau.
5. The film takes no position on the politics of Northern Ireland.