1530s, "indication," from Late Latin denotationem (nominative denotatio), noun of action from past participle stem of denotare (see denote). As a term in logic, from 1843 (contrasted with connotation).
1. Its denotation is a truth - value.
2. A good dictionary will give us the connotation of a word as well as its denotation.
3. Conversely, the broader image � � s denotation is, the narrower image � � s connotation will be.
4. Hyponymy in semantics is related to denotation and connotation in logics.
5. Logic The class of objects designated by specific term or concept; denotation.