CET6+ TEM4 IELTS GRE TOEFL
- denomination (n.)
- late 14c., "a naming, act of giving a name to," from Old French denominacion "nominating, naming," from Latin denominationem (nominative denominatio) "a calling by anything other than the proper name, metonymy," from denominare "to name," from de- "completely" (see de-) + nominare "to name" (see nominate). Meaning "a class" is from mid-15c. Monetary sense is 1650s; meaning "religious sect" is 1716.
- 1. Acceptance of women preachers varies greatly from denomination to denomination.
- 2. Litre is a metric denomination.
- 3. The firm is still operating under another denomination.
- 4. What religious denomination does he belong to?
- 5. The U.S. coins of the lowest denomination is the cent.
[ denomination 造句 ]