来自古法语defrayer, 成本，支付，来自 de-, 向下，支出。frai-, 破碎，花费，词源同break, 原义为破坏和平的罚金。后词义通用化。
- defray (v.)
- 1540s, from Middle French defraier (15c.), perhaps from de- "out" (see de-) + fraier "spend," from Old French frais "costs, damages caused by breakage," from Latin fractum, neuter past participle of frangere "to break" (see fraction). Alternative etymology traces second element to Old High German fridu "peace," via Vulgar Latin *fredum "fine, cost."
- 1. I've enough money to defray expenses.
- 2. My father has to defray my education.
- 3. What is rights and interests kind defray, what is asset kind defray?
- 什么是权益类支出, 什么是资产类支出?
- 4. It helps defray the cost of the account itself.
- 5. Am I allowed to work to defray the costs?
- 允许我打工支付学费 吗 ?
[ defray 造句 ]