- hostelry (n.)
- late 14c. (as a surname from early 14c.), from Old French hostelerie "house, guest-house; kitchen; hospice, almshouse" (12c., Modern French hôtellerie), from hostel (see host). Lost, then revived 19c.
- 1. " At the Waldorf,'she answered, mentioning the fashionable hostelry then but newly erected.
- “ 在沃尔多夫旅馆, " 她回答, 指的是当时刚刚新建的时髦大旅馆.
来自英汉文学 - 嘉莉妹妹
- 2. Winifred had thought it would be'amusing'to see this far - famed hostelry.
- 维妮佛梨德觉得见识一下这个远近闻名的小酒店倒也 “ 有趣”.
- 3. Why don't we adjourn to the local hostelry?
- 我们怎麽不搬到本地旅馆去住 呢 ?
- 4. The young woman stepped lightly across to the crowded hostelry.
- 5. With my wife and children I found with great difficulty a room in the Kiev Hostelry.
[ hostelry 造句 ]