CET6+ TEM4 IELTS
1. ant- + onym-.
前缀anti-, 相对，相反。词根onym, 名字，见name.
- antonym (n.)
- 1867, coined to serve as opposite of synonym, from Greek anti- "equal to, instead of, opposite" (see anti-) + -onym "name" (see name (n.)). Perhaps introduced to English in the book "Synonyms and Antonyms" (1867) by the Ven. C.J. Smith, M.A.
UNDER the head of Synonyms and Antonyms, Archdeacon Smith arranges words which form an antithesis to one another. The word "antonym" is, we believe, a new formation but useful. ["Journal of Sacred Literature," July 1867]
French antonyme (1842), German antonym (by 1859) are older. The un-Greek alternative counterterm has been left to fade.
- 1. "Long" is the antonym of "short".
- 2. In this sense, the antonym of libido is destrudo.
- 在这个意义上, 力比多的反义词是死亡本能.
- 3. Sad is an antonym of happy.
- 4. Guessing word from Synonym and Antonym.
- 5. Find antonym for every word below.
[ antonym 造句 ]