- adj. 所谓的；声称的；被断言的
- v. 宣称（allege的过去式和过去分词）；断言
1. al- "ad-, to" + leg- "depute, send" + -ed.
2. => send for sth as evidence, bring forth as evidence.
- alleged (adj.)
- mid-15c., "quoted," past participle adjective from allege. Attested from 1610s in sense of "brought forth in court;" 1670s as "asserted but not proved."
- 1. The enquiry dug deeper into the alleged financial misdeeds of his government.
- 2. He was jailed for five years as an alleged British spy.
- 3. We were asked to investigate the alleged inconsistencies in his evidence.
- 4. They have begun a hunger strike in protest at the alleged beating.
- 5. Two alleged collaborators were shot dead by masked activists.
[ alleged 造句 ]