- adj. 向前；在前的；领先
- adv. 向前地；领先地；在（某人或某事物的）前面；预先；在将来，为未来
CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
- ahead (adv.)
- 1620s, "at the head, in front," from a- "on" (see a- (1)) + head (n.). Originally nautical. To be ahead of (one's) time attested by 1837.
- 1. He looked straight ahead and overtook a lumbering lorry.
- 2. Mark was out of earshot, walking ahead of them.
- 3. He pushed everyone full speed ahead until production hit a bottleneck.
- 4. The election was held six months ahead of schedule.
- 5. Henry generally stayed ahead of the others in the academic subjects.
[ ahead 造句 ]