masc. proper name, in Old Testament name of a celebrated 5c. B.C.E. scribe, from Late Latin, from Hebrew Ezra, contraction of Azaryah(u), literally "God has helped," from ezer "help" + Yah, a shortened form of Yahweh "God."
1. The rear of Ezra Stowbody's bank was whitewashed.
2. In 1885 , poet Ezra Pound was born in Hailey, Idaho.
3. First Ezra prepared his heart to seek the Law of Yahweh.
4. Ezra was unlike Nehemiah, he may not be a getter.
5. Will he say nasty things at my funeral? ( Ezra Pound )