- n. 班；小队；五人组（篮球队的非正式说法）
- vt. 把…编成班；把…编入班
1. square => squad.
来自法语 esquade,班组，方队，来自意大利语 squadra,营，队伍，来自通俗拉丁语*exquadra, 方阵，词源同 square,方阵。引申诸相关词义。
- squad (n.)
- 1640s, "small number of military men detailed for some purpose," from French esquade, from Middle French escadre, from Spanish escuadra or Italian squadra "battalion," literally "square," from Vulgar Latin *exquadra (see square (n.)). Before the widespread use of of automatic weapons, infantry troops tended to fight in a square formation to repel cavalry or superior forces. Extended to sports 1902, police work 1905.
- 1. Fraud squad officers had bugged the phone and were ready to pounce.
- 2. He was in contention for a place in the European championship squad.
- 3. Murat had looked into the eyes of the firing squad without flinching.
- 4. The squad members paired off to find places to eat and sleep.
- 5. Those put to death by firing squad included three generals.
[ squad 造句 ]