- hotbed (n.)
- 1620s, from hot + bed (n.); originally "bed of earth heated by fermenting manure for forcing growing plants;" generalized sense of "place that fosters rapid growth" is from 1768.
- 1. The area was a hotbed of crime.
- 2. The city is a hotbed of crime.
- 3. These are the seedlings that are hardening off in a hotbed.
- 4. The city was known as a hotbed of intrigue.
- 5. Northern Australia is a hotbed of exotic animals, including the frilled lizard.
- 北澳大利亚是奇异动物的温床, 包括皱褶蜥蜴.
[ hotbed 造句 ]