1. head + stone.
2. => cornerstone, upright stone at the head of a grave.
- headstone (n.)
- c. 1400, "cornerstone," from head (adj.) + stone (n.). Meaning "upright stone at the head of a grave" is 1775, from head (n.).
- 1. The grave was marked by a simple headstone.
- 2. DOGGETT : Would he? Would he tell you about this? About his headstone?
- 道吉特: 他会 吗 ?他告诉你这个了? 关于他的墓碑?
- 3. A headstone praised by Templars is the key.
- 4. Alongside the headstone rested a small, heart - shaped rock, slightly cracked, painted by our artist daughter.
- 墓碑旁边立着一块小石头,呈心形, 有轻度裂痕, 被我做艺术家的女儿漆过.
- 5. It's obvious that the audit independence is the soul and headstone of Certified Public Accountant's job.
[ headstone 造句 ]