- foundling (n.)
- "deserted infant," c. 1300, from Middle English founden "found," past participle of finden (see find (v.)) + diminutive suffix -ling. Compare Dutch vondeling, German Findling. Middle English also had finding in this sense (late 14c.).
- 1. When she was building her first foundling asylum , what was he doing?
- 她造第一间育婴堂的时候, 他干吗去了?
来自英汉文学 - 三万元遗产
- 2. James Michener began life as a foundling and started with absolutely nothing.
- 3. Every Sunday, my best friend Marilyn and I went to the foundling home behind the hospital.
- 每星期天, 我和最要好的朋友玛里琳都要到医院后面的宝宝之家去参加义务工作.
- 4. He is a foundling, and has grown up in a school for homeless boy.
- 他是个弃儿, 在为无家可归的男孩而开设的学校里长大.
[ foundling 造句 ]