CET6 TEM8 IELTS 考 研
1. multiplier <====> multiplicand
2. divisor <====> dividend
3. addend <====> augend
4. subtrahend <====> minuend
- dividend (n.)
- late 15c., from Middle French dividende "a number divided by another," from Latin dividendum "thing to be divided," neuter gerundive of dividere (see divide). Mathematical sense is from 1540s. Meaning "portion of interest on a loan, stock, etc." is from 1620s. Related: Dividends.
- 1. dividend payments of 50 cents a share
- 2. The number 15 is the dividend.
- 3. What dividend did you receive?
- 4. The company was forced to pass its dividend.
- 5. The peace dividend has not materialised despite military spending going down in most countries.
[ dividend 造句 ]