dis-, 不，非，使相反。-suade, 甜，劝说，词源同sweet, persuade. 即相反的劝说，规诫。
- dissuade: see persuade
- dissuade (v.)
- 1510s, from Middle French dissuader and directly from Latin dissuadere "to advise against, oppose by argument," from dis- "off, against" (see dis-) + suadere "to urge" (see suasion). Related: Dissuaded; dissuading.
- 1. St Barth'sstrange lack of street names is meant to dissuade journalistic snoopers.
- 2. He considered emigrating, but his family managed to dissuade him.
- 3. The airport ground crew tried to dissuade the pilot from taking off.
- 4. Doctors had tried to dissuade patients from smoking.
- 5. I tried to dissuade him from giving up his job.
[ dissuade 造句 ]