英 [,dɪsɪn'geɪdʒ; ,dɪsen-]
- disengage (v.)
- c. 1600 in figurative sense; 1660s in literal sense of "detach," from dis- "do the opposite of" + engage (q.v.). Related: Disengaged; disengaging.
- 1. More vigorous action is needed to force the federal army to disengage.
- 2. He accepted the invitation, but was later forced to disengage himself.
- 他接受了邀请, 但后来被迫失约.
- 3. He managed to disengage himself from the contract.
- 4. All fighters disengage Shadow Device and fall back to Space Station Liberty.
- 5. Consider ability to easily disengage peripheral devices and network.
[ disengage 造句 ]