- n. 特点；品质证明
- vt. 给…盖上品质证明印记；使具有…标志
- n. (Hallmark)人名；(英)霍尔马克
TEM8 IELTS GRE TOEFL
来自Goldsmith’s Hall in London,伦敦金器所，18世纪伦敦的金器银器官方权威评测机构，mark,标记。即金银纯度标记，引申词义特征，特点。
- hallmark:  The hallmark on a piece of gold, silver or platinum, which allows it to be legally sold, is so called simply because it was originally applied in Goldsmiths’ Hall, the headquarters of the Goldsmiths’ Company (a City livery company), where the London assay office was situated. The building is in Foster Lane, to the northeast of St Paul’s Cathedral in the City of London.
- hallmark (n.)
- 1721, official stamp of purity in gold and silver articles, from Goldsmiths' Hall in London, site of the assay office; see hall + mark (n.1). General sense of "mark of quality" first recorded 1864. As a verb from 1773.
- 1. One hallmark of a good politician is his ability to influence people.
- 2. Clear expression is the hallmark of good writing.
- 3. They are not something the Hallmark people would inscribe on a card.
- 4. His designs show a love of simplicity which is very much his hallmark.
- 5. It's a technique that has become the hallmark of Amber Films.
[ hallmark 造句 ]