英 ['dɪsɪplɪn(ə)rɪ; ,dɪsɪ'plɪn-]
1、dis- "apart" + cip- => discip- "grasp intellectually, analyze thoroughly" => 进而引申为: learn.
2、discip- + -le(diminutive) => people that learn.
3、disciple => discipl- + -inary(复合后缀：-ine, -ary).
4、含义：order necessary for instruction, treatment that corrects or punishes, branch of instruction or education, military training, orderly conduct as a result of training.
- 1. He will now face a disciplinary hearing for having an affair.
- 2. Nearly 100 law firms are being referred to the Solicitors' Disciplinary Tribunal.
- 3. He was unhappy that no disciplinary action was being taken.
- 4. He was dismissed by way of disciplinary punishment.
- 5. He has promised drastic disciplinary action if they do not mend their ways.
[ disciplinary 造句 ]