- vi. 消失；失踪；不复存在
- vt. 使…不存在；使…消失
CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
- disappear (v.)
- early 15c., disaperen, from dis- "do the opposite of" + appear. Earlier was disparish (early 15c.), from French disparaiss-, stem of disparaître. Transitive sense. "cause to disappear," is from 1897 in chemistry; by 1948 of inconvenient persons. Related: Disappeared; disappearing; disappears. Slang disappearing act is originally of magic shows; in figurative sense of "getting away" first attested 1913.
- 1. She stood watching the car's tail-lights disappear down the drive.
- 2. He saw something dark disappear behind the curtain of leaves.
- 3. It was uncharacteristic of her father to disappear like this.
- 4. Year by year great swathes of this small nation's countryside disappear.
- 5. The snow will soon disappear when the warm weather comes.
[ disappear 造句 ]