- n. 水仙花
- adj. 水仙花色的
- n. (Daffodil)人名；(英)达芙迪尔
- daffodil:  Originally, this word was affodil, and referred to a plant of the lily family, the asphodel; it came from medieval Latin affodillus, and the reason for the change from asph- (or asf-, as it often was in medieval texts) to aff- is probably that the s in medieval manuscripts looked very like an f. The first evidence of its use to refer to a ‘daffodil’, rather than an ‘asphodel’, comes in the middle of the 16th century. It is not entirely clear where the initial d came from, but the likeliest explanation is that daffodil represents Dutch de affodil ‘the daffodil’ (the Dutch were then as now leading exponents of bulb cultivation).
- daffodil (n.)
- 1540s, variant of Middle English affodill "asphodel" (c. 1400), from Medieval Latin affodillus, from Latin asphodelus, from Greek asphodelos, which is of unknown origin. The initial d- is perhaps from merging of the article in Dutch de affodil, the Netherlands being a source for bulbs. First reference to the flower we know by this name (Narcissus pseudo-Narcissus) is from 1590s.
- 1. The daffodil belongs to the genus Narcissus.
- 2. Perennial border such as daffodil, daisy, lily, phlox, iris, etc.
- 栽种多年生植物(如水仙花 、 雏菊 、 百合 、 福禄考 、 蝴蝶花等)的条形绿化带.
- 3. The flower was something in the mature of a daffodil.
- 4. I was right. On top of a daffodil, sat a bee.
- 确实是虫子,我猜对了. 在一朵水仙花上, 落着一只蜜蜂.
- 5. The flower was something in the nature of a daffodil.
[ daffodil 造句 ]