CET6+ TEM4 GRE
custodian custody ：更多用于“（孩子的）监护权”，而一般来说，都会倾向于母亲一方。所以，谐音成：“卡死他爹”。
来自PIE*skeu, 覆盖，遮盖，词源同sky, house, hide.
- custody (n.)
- mid-15c., from Latin custodia "guarding, watching, keeping," from custos (genitive custodis) "guardian, keeper, protector," from PIE *(s)keu- "to cover, conceal" (see hide (n.1)).
- 1. I'm going to go to court to get custody of the children.
- 2. Barrett was taken into protective custody.
- 3. She was taken into custody later that day.
- 4. Child custody is normally granted to the mother.
- 5. She's petitioning to regain custody of the child.
[ custody 造句 ]