- vt. 聚集
- vi. 聚集
- adj. 集合在一起的
CET6+ TEM4 IELTS GRE TOEFL
1. con- "together" + greg- + -ate.
2. => flocking together, herd together.
con-, 强调。-greg, 集合，词源同aggregate, egregious.
- congregate (v.)
- mid-15c., from Latin congregatus "flocking together," past participle of congregare "to herd together, collect in a flock, swarm; assemble," from com- "together" (see com-) + gregare "to collect into a flock, gather," from grex (genitive gregis) "a flock" (see gregarious). Related: Congregated; congregating.
- 1. All the big game congregate here, and birdlife is particularly prolific.
- 2. Young people often congregate in the main square in the evenings.
- 3. Father Illtyd kept open house and the boys would congregate in his study during their recreation time, playing cards or games.
- 4. Fang Hung - chien said with a grin, " Whenever politicians congregate, there's bound to be heavy pollution. "
- 方鸿 渐 笑道: “ 政治家聚在一起, 当然是乌烟瘴气. ”
来自汉英文学 - 围城
- 5. There is no open area where the possessors at this rude village might congregate.
[ congregate 造句 ]