late 14c., from astronomy (q.v.), replacing French import astronomyen (c. 1300), which, had it survived, probably would have yielded *astronomian. Still in Shakespeare used in places where we would write astrologer.
1. An astronomer can determine the brightness of each star.
2. A new star attracted the notice of the astronomer.
3. Finally one day, an astronomer came to our village.
来自汉英文学 - 现代散文
4. He is reputed to have been a good astronomer.
5. It is the only tangible object the astronomer can handle.