英 美 [ə'proprɪətnɪs]
1. ap- "to" + propri- "one's own, particular to itself" + -ate.
2. => take as one's own, make as one's own, take possession of.
3. => adapted to some particular purpose, specially suitable, proper.
4. appropriate + -ness.
- 1. He wonders about the appropriateness of each move he makes.
- 2. The model embodied a kind of harmony of progressiveness and appropriateness.
- 3. Review employee activity including efficiency, attendance, etc. for accuracy and appropriateness.
- 回顾员工活动,包括效率 、 出勤等等,保证正确和适当.
- 4. The measurements used will reflect their appropriateness to particular industry or company.
- 5. Yet it is not bequests that raise appropriateness, but inheritances.
- 然而,引起正当性争议的并不是遗赠, 而是遗产继承.
[ appropriateness 造句 ]