CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
- anonymous: see name
- anonymous (adj.)
- c. 1600, from Late Latin anonymus, from Greek anonymos "without a name," from an- "without" (see an- (1)) + onyma, Æolic dialectal form of onoma "name" (see name (n.)).
- 1. He was surprised by the venomous tone of the anonymous calls.
- 2. She's got too much dignity to descend to writing anonymous letters.
- 3. Of course, that would have to be by anonymous vote.
- 4. An anonymous benefactor stepped in to provide the prize money.
- 5. An anonymous caller told police what had happened.
[ anonymous 造句 ]