英 [ə'miːnɪtɪ; -'men-]
TEM8 GRE TOEFL
1. am- "love" => amen- "pleasant".
2. amen- + -ity.
3. => delightfulness, pleasantness.
- amenity (n.)
- late 14c., "quality of being pleasant or agreeable," from Old French amenite, from Latin amoenitatem (nominative amoenitas) "delightfulness, pleasantness," from amoenus "pleasant," perhaps related to amare "to love" (see Amy).
- 1. The amenity of his manners won him many friends.
- 2. Provide the best amenity services in local market of Zhengzhou.
- 3. An affordable nursery education service is an essential basic amenity.
- 4. It also manages amenity plots and soft landscape along highways and roads.
- 5. A sauna in the hotel would a useful amenity.
[ amenity 造句 ]