CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
前缀al-同ad-. 词根loc, 放置，见locate.
- allocate (v.)
- 1630s, from verbal used of adjective allocate (mid-15c. in legal use), from Medieval Latin allocate (the common first word of writs authorizing payment), imperative plural of allocare "allocate," from Latin ad- "to" (see ad-) + locare "to place" (see locate). Related: Allocated; allocating.
- 1. Our plan is to allocate one member of staff to handle appoint-ments.
- 2. They intend to allocate more places to mature students this year.
- 3. Local authorities have to learn to allocate resources efficiently.
- 4. You must allocate the money carefully.
- 5. We allocate 10 % of revenue to publicity.
[ allocate 造句 ]