- vt. 改善；减轻（痛苦等）；改良
- vi. 变得更好
前缀a- 同ad-. 词根mel, 加强，多，见multitude, 许多。-ior, 比较级后缀。
- ameliorate (v.)
- 1728, perhaps a back-formation from amelioration on pattern of French améliorer. The simpler form meliorate was used in Middle English. Related: Ameliorated; ameliorating.
- 1. He expected me to do something to ameliorate his depression.
- 2. Nothing can be done to ameliorate the situation.
- 3. Steps have been taken to ameliorate the situation.
- 4. In every human being there is a wish to ameliorate his own condition.
- 5. Everyone wishes to ameliorate his own condition .
[ ameliorate 造句 ]