前缀ad-, 去，往。词根ulter, 改变, 同alter, 改变。指掺假，欺骗。
- adulterate (v.)
- 1530s, back-formation from adulteration, or else from Latin adulteratus, past participle of adulterare "to falsify, corrupt," also "to commit adultery." Earlier verb was adulter (late 14c.). Related: Adulterated; adulterating.
- 1. Adulterate milk with water.
- 2. They have to adulterate a Chinese sentence with words taken from English and Malay.
- 3. Years ago a friend of mine told me. True love can't adulterate others.
- 几年前一个现在身在远方的朋友对我说过: 真正的爱情,不能掺杂其他.
- 4. They have to adulterate a Chinese sentence with words taken from English or Malay.
- 5. Cure and regulate pain in menses caused by adulterate some kind of enzyme in blood.
[ adulterate 造句 ]