- n. 幺点；直接得分的发球；佼佼者；（俚）最好的朋友
- adj. 一流的，突出的
- vt. 以发球赢一分；击败
- int. 太棒了；太好了
- n. (Ace)人名；(英)埃斯
- ace:  Ace comes from the name of a small ancient Roman coin, the as (which may have been of Etruscan origin). As well as denoting the coin, Latin as stood for ‘one’ or ‘unity’, and it was as the ‘score of one at dice’ that it first entered English.
- ace (n.)
- c. 1300, "one at dice," from Old French as "one at dice," from Latin as "a unit, one, a whole, unity;" also the name of a small Roman coin ("originally one pound of copper; reduced by depreciation to half an ounce" [Lewis]), perhaps originally Etruscan and related to Greek eis "one" (from PIE *sem- "one, as one"), or directly from the Greek word.
In English, it meant the side of the die with only one mark before it meant the playing card with one pip (1530s). Because this was the lowest roll at dice, ace was used metaphorically in Middle English for "bad luck" or "something of no value;" but as the ace is often the highest playing card, the extended senses based on "excellence, good quality" arose 18c. as card-playing became popular. Ace in the hole in the figurative sense of "concealed advantage" is attested from 1904, from crooked stud poker deals.
Meaning "outstanding pilot" dates from 1917 (technically, in World War I aviators' jargon, one who has brought down 10 enemy planes, though originally in reference to 5 shot down), from French l'ace (1915), which, according to Bruce Robertson (ed.) "Air Aces of the 1914-1918 War" was used in prewar French sporting publications for "top of the deck" boxers, cyclists, etc. Sports meaning of "point scored" (1819) led to that of "unreturnable serve" (1889).
- ace (v.)
- "to score" (in sports), 1923, from ace (n.). This led in turn to the extended student slang sense of "get high marks" (1959). Related: Aced; acing.
- 1. Our superior technology is our ace in the hole.
- 2. That is the third ace that he has served this match.
- 3. The child came within an ace of being drowned.
- 4. I'll not wag an ace further.
- 5. AA combined Ace, Suc, and Ala are highly specificity for brain abscess.
- AA峰结合ace 、 Suc、 Ala峰的显示对脑脓肿诊断特异性高.
[ ace 造句 ]