- vt. 使……加快；使……增速
- vi. 加速；促进；增加
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
物理中用 a 表示加速度，其中的 a 就是单词 acceleration 的首字母缩写，而 accelerate 是该词的动词形式。
- accelerate:  Accelerate comes from Latin accelerāre, a compound verb formed from the intensive prefix ad- (ac- before /k/ sounds) and celerāre ‘hurry’. Celerāre, in turn, derived from the adjective celer ‘fast’ (which gave English celerity  and is ultimately related to hold).
- accelerate (v.)
- 1520s, from Latin acceleratus, past participle of accelerare "to hasten, quicken," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + celerare "hasten," from celer "swift" (see celerity). Related: Accelerated; accelerating.
- 1. We need to accelerate the pace of change in our backward country.
- 2. Perhaps the fact that the car was tailgating him made him accelerate.
- 3. Inflation continues to accelerate.
- 4. Our country should accelerate the economic growth.
- 5. He decided to accelerate his advertising.
[ accelerate 造句 ]