- originally Ebudae, Haebudes, of uncertain origin. Apparently a scribal error turned -u- into -ri-. The Norse name, Suðregar, "Southern Islands," is relative to the Orkneys. Related: Hebridean.
- 1. In the Hebrides they shear their sheep later than anywhere else.
- 2. Scotland has about 800 islands, including the Orkney , Shetlands and Hebrides.
- 苏格兰有800座岛屿, 包括奥克内群岛,谢特兰群岛和赫不里德群岛.
- 3. Before independence Vanuatu was an obscure Anglo - French territory known as the New Hebrides.
- 4. Probably made in Norway , found on the Isle of Lewis , outer Hebrides, Scotland.
- 推测于挪威制造, 于苏格兰外海路易斯岛发现.
- 5. The passengers, they did what you'd call I their de planing in the New Hebrides Islands.
- 那些乘客, 正如你所说的,在新赫布里底群岛下的飞机.
[ Hebrides 造句 ]