- adj. 多明尼加共和国的
- n. 多明尼加共和国的居民
来自其创建者17世纪修士Domingo de Guzman. 其字面意思即一家之主，上帝。
- Dominican (1)
- "Black friar," 1630s, from Latin form of the name of Domingo de Guzman (Santo Domingo), founder of the order of preaching friars. His name, like Italian form Dominic, is from Latin dominicus "pertaining to a lord."
- Dominican (2)
- "native or inhabitant of the Dominican Republic," 1853, from the Caribbean island of Dominica, home of the nation, so named 1493, from Latin (dies) dominica "Sunday," the day of the week on which the island was discovered.
- 1. Gabriel lives in the Dominican Republic.
- 2. The first testing ground of the new policy was the Dominican Republic.
- 3. American naval commanders were running the government of the Dominican Republic and Haiti.
- 4. Nine people died in a deadly fire at a Dominican Republic nightclub.
- 5. We're putting gasification online at our Dominican Republic plant.
[ Dominican 造句 ]