- masc. proper name, 1066, from Old Breton Alan, name of a popular Welsh and Breton saint; brought to England by the large contingent of Bretons who fought alongside William the Conqueror.
- 1. Striker Alan Smith was guilty of two glaring misses.
- 2. Kate had invited Alan to spend the Passover with her.
- 3. Alan Tomlinson has reconstructed the events that led up to the deaths.
- 4. It's instructive to compare his technique with Alan Bennett's.
- 5. Alan was irritable, and very evidently in a nervy state.
[ Alan 造句 ]