- scanner (n.)
- 1550s, "person who examines critically," agent noun from scan (v.). From 1927 as a type of mechanical device, in mid-20c. use especially of radar and medical devices; later of computer accessories.
- 1. The scanner will save risk and pain for patients.
- 2. The picture is digitised by a scanner.
- 3. The identity cards are examined by an electronic scanner.
- 4. Using a scanner, we can look at the unborn foetus.
- 5. Import your scanned images from the scanner and save as a JPG file.
[ scanner 造句 ]