- vt. 确定；鉴定；识别，辨认出；使参与；把…看成一样 vi. 确定；认同；一致
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1. UFO Unidentified Flying Object 飞碟，不明飞行物.
- identify (v.)
- 1640s, "regard as the same," from French identifier, from identité (see identity). Sense of "recognize" first recorded 1769. Meaning "make one (with), associate (oneself)" is from 1780. Sense of "serve as means of identification" is attested by 1886. Related: Identified; identifying.
- 1. The new technique has been used to identify the sex of foetuses.
- 2. She wore a little nurse's hat on her head to identify her.
- 3. The candidates all want to identify themselves with reform.
- 4. He found no direct evidence to identify a leaker.
- 5. She hates playing the sweet, passive women that audiences identify her with.
[ identify 造句 ]