late 13c., "dwelling place of a hermit," from Old French hermitage, from Latin heremite (see hermit). Earlier in the same sense was hermitorie (c. 1200), from Medieval Latin hermitorium. Transferred sense of "solitary or secluded dwelling place" is from 1640s.
1. He lived in a hermitage when he was old.
2. We dance on the green, dine at the hermitage, and wander in the woods by moonlight.
我们在绿茵上跳舞, 在僻静的住所晚餐, 在月光下漫步于森林中.
3. Second Aunt lived in Green Bamboo Hermitage , her house in Golden Swallow Village.
来自汉英文学 - 散文英译
4. Bartleby sat in his hermitage, oblivious to everything but his own peculiar business there.
5. Wasn't the Hermitage created to satisfy those dreams?