CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
- hemisphere (n.)
- late 14c., hemysperie, in reference to the celestial sphere, from Latin hemisphaerium, from Greek hemisphairion, from hemi- "half" (see hemi-) + sphaira "sphere" (see sphere). Spelling reformed 16c. Of the Earth, from 1550s; of the brain, 1804.
- 1. This animal is to be found only in the Southern Hemisphere.
- 2. Your left cerebral hemisphere controls the right - hand side of your body.
- 3. They say God spoke to them and told them to go on a mission to the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere.
- 4. Other growers in the northern hemisphere have planted less.
- 5. In most people, the left hemisphere is bigger than the right.
[ hemisphere 造句 ]