2. ankle => haunch.
3. ankle => *aunch- (literally "joint") => h- (hip) + *aunch- => haunch.
4. hip => haunch.
- haunch (n.)
- early 13c., from Old French hanche "hip, thigh; haunch" (12c.), from Frankish *hanka or a similar Germanic source (cognates: Old High German hinkan "to limp," ancha "leg," literally "joint;" Middle Dutch hanke "haunch"). "It is only since the 18th c. that the spelling haunch has displaced hanch" [OED]. Related: Haunches.
- 1. He has the perfect body scale: wide sholder and slender haunch.
- 他拥有最完美的身体比例: 肩宽而腰瘦.
- 2. Restrain tired, improve memory and pain on haunch.
- 改善疲劳 、 记忆力减退、手脚法凉、腰腿酸痛等肾亏的症状.
- 3. The haunch of venison is delicious.
- 4. He bought a kilo of the haunch pork at very cheap price the vegetable market.
- 5. Length of body from breast to haunch bone slightly longer than height of withers to ground.
[ haunch 造句 ]