- far-sighted (adj.)
- also farsighted, 1640s, "forecasting, prescient;" 1878 in reference to a defect of the eyes (hypermetropic); see far (adv.) + sight (v.). Related: Farsightedness.
- 1. The plan is good; the problem is it doesn't go far enough.
- 2. The plane has been kept in service far longer than originally intended.
- 3. He had wandered to the far end of the room.
- 4. "Does it sound like music?" — "I wouldn't go that far."
- 5. As far as I can recall, Patti was a Smith.
[ far-sighted 造句 ]