- n. 废物，垃圾场（dump的复数）；忧郁
- v. 倾倒（dump的单三形式）
- dumps (n.)
- "low spirits," 1520s, plural of dumpe "a fit of musing," possibly from Dutch domp "haze, mist," from Middle Dutch damp "vapor" (see damp (n.)).
- 1. She's feeling a bit down in the dumps and needs cheering up.
- 2. They eke out a precarious existence foraging in rubbish dumps.
- 3. It's no use letting yourself fall into the dumps.
- 4. He was down in the dumps after losing his job.
- 5. He can't cope and dumps his two teenage boys on them to be looked after.
[ dumps 造句 ]