- druthers (n.)
- 1895, from jocular formation based on I'd ruther, American English dialectal form of I'd rather (used by Bret Harte as drathers, 1875).
- 1. If I had my druthers, I'd go swimming.
- 如果我能选择的话, 我就去游泳.
- 2. If I had my druthers, I'd go fishing.
- 如果我能选择的话, 我就去钓鱼.
- 3. Given my druthers, I'd eat cake.
- 如果让我选择, 我愿意吃蛋糕.
- 4. If I had my druthers, I'd go skating.
- 如果可以随意的话, 那我就去滑冰.
- 5. Given their druthers, these hell - for - leather free marketeers might sell the post office ( George F. Will )
- 如果放任这些疯狂的自由贸易者,他们可能会卖了邮政局 ( 乔治F. 威尔 )
[ druthers 造句 ]