- drifter (n.)
- 1864, as a mining term; 1883, "boat fishing with drift-nets;" agent noun from drift (v.). Meaning "vagrant" is from 1908.
- 1. He's just a drifter he can't settle down anywhere.
- 2. Miss Watkins was a nobody. She was a drifter. No family, no close friends.
- 沃特金斯小姐是一个无名之辈. 她四处漂泊, 没有家, 也没有知己.
- 3. His father was a general - store manager, a drinker and a drifter.
- 里根的父亲是一个综合商店的经理, 一个四海为家的酒鬼.
- 4. Teasle: He was just another drifter who broke the law!
- 提索: 他只不过是个犯法的流浪汉!
- 5. For the past seven year, he live the life of a drifter.
[ drifter 造句 ]