- dotage (n.)
- "the state of one who dotes," c. 1300; see dote + -age. Originally of all sorts of mental impairment, not just that resulting from old age. First recorded late 14c. for "senility."
- 1. Even in his dotage, the Professor still sits on the committee.
- 2. Sarah moved back in with her father so that she could look after him in his dotage.
- 3. Merlin fell in a dotage on the damsel.
- 4. I'm not in my dotage yet ; I can still drive to Gilly.
- 我还没到老糊涂的年纪呢, 我可以自己开车到吉利去.
- 5. From then on, he regarded his blindness as God's special dotage.
- 从那以后, 他认为他的盲是上帝的特别溺爱.
[ dotage 造句 ]